How the video turns out depends on the material I end up with from the interview.
I will have Cody Brummet’s music playing throughout the video.
Topic: Musicians in the Digital World
Introduction of Video:
Cody Brummet – start out with Cody playing his music
- The footage will start with with Cody playing and then fade into the next clip
- The volume level will be taken down so it’s not too loud throughout the film
First Point: The history of making music and distributing it.
- To be able to record your music, you had to have a lot of money.
- For new artists to be discovered, you had to get your name out there by performing many live shows. Hopefully your music/band will spread by word of mouth until someone with the money wanted to support your music.
- Music distribution has evolved over the years from sheet music to vinyl to 8 tracks to cassette tapes to CDs to what we have now, being social media.
Second Point: Making and distributing music in Today’s world.
- There are multiple ways to record your music, and it’s easier and cheaper than ever.
- It’s cheaper to rent studio to do ‘professional’ recording for music.
- Once your music is recorded it, all you have to do is upload it to the internet.
- Social media is a great way to spread your music: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace,
- Show this through a clip of uploading music online.
- Due to this new technology, from recording your music to uploading it, it makes it possible for everyday musicians to become more successful and has given a new meaning to independent musicians.
End the clip the way it began –Cody playing and the film going out of focus and the music and video fading out